Minor mistakes on a check stub are more common than one might think. Whether computer generated or manmade, there are bound to be mistakes.
With that said, editing check stubs can be a tedious task. So here, we’re going to walk you through different ways to edit check stubs free of charge.
Step By Step Guide: Editing Pay Stubs
There are several ways to edit pay stubs online. Regardless, the process is similar for most software. Here's how:
- Open your chosen editable pay stub template. Use Microsoft Excel or any payroll software.
- Review employee information. Verify their names, addresses, and so on.
- Review employee performance. Verify their rates, working hours, overtime pay, and added incentives, if any.
- Review deductions, if any. This includes deductions to fund social security and medicare.
- Review employee's net payment. Ensure that all incentives and deductions are applied. Edit as needed.
- Preview and print the pay stub. Make sure it's exactly how you want it to be before releasing it.
Deleting and Creating New Pay Stubs
If you happen to have generated pay stubs that still need editing, then you may need to nullify those stubs and delete them.
How to delete check stubs:
- Open the pay stub editable PDF template and select the pay stub that needs to be deleted.
- In the software, there should be a delete button. If not, refer to the software instructions.
- Confirm deletion and ensure that the deleted pay stub did not reflect on any reports.
After deleting erroneous pay stubs, you can now generate new ones. Here are some of the next free pay stub generator apps we highly recommend.
How to generate a new check stub:
- Follow the software’s instructions on how to generate a new pay stub.
- Type down the employee's information, pay rate, and any deductions to apply.
- Review all the information and make sure everything is correct.
- Distribute and keep a copy of the new pay stub for future purposes.
Can You Edit an Old Pay Stub
You can edit an old pay stub the same way you edit recent pay stubs. However, doing so may alter the employee's pay history, deductions, and so on. Hence, it would be best to consult the HR department to avoid legal issues.
Why May You Need to Edit a Pay Stub
There are many reasons why you may want to learn how to scan and edit pay stubs. But for the most part, it all boils down to six main reasons:
- To update employee information - For example, your employee moved to a new address, switched to a new phone number, or changed their surname after marriage.
- To increase rate - For example, your employee got a raise or a promotion, increasing their hourly rate.
- To increase deduction - Your employee wants to increase their social security and insurance coverage.
- To fix minor mistakes - For example, you misspelled your employee's name or missed a figure in their total pay.
- To comply with state laws and regulations - The pay stub law requires companies to update their records. Otherwise, they'll be fined.
- To delete pay stubs of terminated employees - An employee may have been fired or resigned from the company, and you need to delete their stubs to maintain record accuracy.
Edit Pay Stubs With RealCheckStubs
You don't need to look far and wide for a reliable pay stub editor when it comes to editing pay stubs. RealCheckStubs is a user-friendly platform that offers everything you need to generate, edit, and distribute check stubs. Additionally, it comes with compliance features to keep your pay stubs accurate and compliant.
Here’s how to edit check stubs using RealCheckStubs:
- Log in to your account and click on "Make Paycheck Stub."
- Choose a template for your check stub.
- Type down all the necessary information, including employee details, rates, hours, deductions, etc. Declare how many stubs you want to create as well.
- Review all the information you’ve typed in before previewing the check stub.
- You can download the stubs for printing or online distribution as soon as it's ready.
In case of any mistakes, you can simply open the template, select the pay stub that needs to be deleted, and regenerate a new pay stub using the same process.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is a lot of information to digest when understanding pay stubs. To help you out, we’ve compiled answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
How to edit ADP pay stub?
You can edit an ADP pay stub by navigating to your account's "Pay" section. Then, look for the edit or modify option to make the necessary changes.
Can I make my own pay stub?
You can make your own pay stub using pay stub software like RealCheckStubs or editable pay stub templates. However, it is essential to ensure that the pay stub includes all the necessary information required by state and federal laws. This includes employee information, pay period dates, gross pay, and deductions such as taxes and other deductions.
How do I make a realistic pay stub?
To create a realistic pay stub, you need to ensure all the employee information is true and all rates and figures are realistic. In addition, it should comply with federal and state rules and regulations.
How do I edit pay stubs in QuickBooks?
You can edit a QuickBooks pay stub by navigating to the “Payroll” section in your account. Then, look for the edit or modify option to make the necessary changes.
How do I edit pay stubs in RealCheckStubs?
You can edit a RealCheckStubs pay stub by navigating to the “Pay Stubs” section in your account. Then, look for the edit or modify option to make the necessary changes.
How can I make a check stub free?
Several websites and software programs allow you to use free check stub templates. However, keep in mind that these may include branding or watermarks.
Make, Edit Professional Pay Stubs with RealCheckStubs
For professional assistance in making, editing, and distributing pay stubs, get in touch with RealCheckStubs. They offer customer support 24/7 and have everything you might need for your business.