Are you an employee at Best Buy and wish to keep track of all the deductions from your payslip each month? Check out our complete guide on how to get pay stubs from Best Buy.
How to Get Pay Stubs From Best Buy (Step-by-Step Guide)
The process is fairly simple for current and former employees:
Step 1 (Current Employees)
- Open the official website for employees of Best Buy.
- This is a separate website for the ease of the employees where you can get pay stub conveniently.
- On the top left corner, there is a sign-in option under "Are you a current employee?"
- Now, type all your details to sign in to the account. For new employees, you need to sign up or register your account.
- Once you enter the details, a new page will appear with all employee resources you may need. The page has a section on Pay Statements, which includes the pay taxes and pay stubs option.
Step 2 (Former Employees)
- Go to Best Buy’s Employee Website
- Once there, scroll down to the area labeled "Former Employees," where you'll find a link labeled "Access Pay & W-2 Statements"
- Clicking on it will take you to the Workday Best Buy portal, where you can retrieve your pay stubs and W-2s.
What Information Do I Need to Get a Pay Stub From Best Buy?
To get the pay stub from Best Buy, you must provide some information to confirm that you are a current or former employee.
Generally, you need to provide the following information:
- Name and contact number
- Your address (that you provided to Best Buy)
- The employee number that is given by the company
- The duration for which you need to get a pay stub
Why May You Need Pay Stubs From Best Buy?
As a current employee of Best Buy, you might need to get pay stubs to see the details of your payslips, such as tax deductions, funds, or other benefits. The pay stubs provide a clearer picture of your full salary.
However, if you are a former employee, you might need pay stubs when applying for a new job to show proof of your previous salary. You may also need to get pay stubs for income tax purposes.
What to Do If You Don’t Work At Best Buy Anymore?
A notable quality of Best Buy is that it values its former employees too.
You can get pay stubs from previous employer by following some simple steps.
- There is an option for former employees to get their pay stubs from the official employee website of Best Buy.
- You can get your old pay stubs from the website or by contacting HR. The HR support is quite helpful to both current and former employees.
How to Get My W2 From Best Buy if I Don’t Work There Anymore?
Applying for a W2 form is pretty similar to pay stubs. You can go under the former employee tab and click on the W2. Then, give your details to get the W2 even if you don’t work at Best Buy anymore.
Can I Make My Own Pay Stubs At Home?
Yes, it is possible and legal to use online software to make pay stubs.
However, it is illegal to add incorrect details and figures to the pay stub. So, while you can create your own pay stubs at home without a problem, you should enter the correct information and payment details if you make it yourself.
Do I Need Authorization If I Make My Own Pay Stubs Online?
Yes, it is better to get your pay stub authorized by your former company. You can contact HR for help. Your pay stub will become authoritative even if you created it yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to look up my W2 form and pay stubs for Best Buy?
Go to the official employee website of Best Buy, and after providing your details, get access to the W2 form or pay stubs. Another option is to contact HR support and ask for W2 forms or pay stubs.
Why may I receive a W-2 for the year after I left Best Buy?
If you get taxable company-paid COBRA coverage (coverage for more than 6 months) or compensation outside of the year you left Best Buy, you will receive the W-2 for the following year.
What payroll system does Best Buy use?
Best Buy uses the Workday payroll system.
How do I login to the Best Buy Employee app/online portal?
The login process is simple; you can enter via the Best Buy employee app or online portal. To gain admission to the portal, you need to sign in with your Login ID and password.
What if I can't remember my Best Buy Login Password & ID?
If you don’t remember the password of your Best Buy ID, you can reset the password by clicking on "forgot password." Otherwise, if you forgot your ID, then you might have to contact HR.
How can I make sure my application was received?
Once you send out the application, you should patiently wait for the response for at least a week. If there is still no response from the company, you can call on their HR support number and confirm whether the application was received.
How do I contact Best Buy support for pay stubs?
You can contact Best Buy support through their website and get guidance about pay stubs. There are options for calling or sending emails to support. They are highly responsive and reply as soon as possible.