Last Updated June 16, 2021
1. Personal Information We May Collect and Use
We may collect, transmit, and store information about you in connection with your use of the Service, including any information you send to or through the Service. We use that information to provide the Service’s functionality, fulfill your requests, improve the Service’s quality, engage in research and analysis relating to the Service, personalize your experience, track usage of the Service, provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Service, display relevant advertising, market the Service, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Service, and comply with legal obligations. Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Having accurate information permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience when visiting our site and/or using our services. Specifically, we may collect and use the following information:
- Personal Information: When you create an account, we store and use the information you provide during that process, such as the first and last name you enter, email address, zip code, physical address, phone number, geolocation favorites, and any other information you may provide during the account creation process, such as a gender, phone number, or birth date. We may publicly display a user name, or by default the first name and last initial that you provide, as well as any photo or other content you submit through the account creation process, as part of your account profile. We also store and use any preferences you provide to personalize your user experience, including dining and activity preferences. You can later modify some of the account information you provide through your account. If you believe that someone has created an unauthorized account using your personal information, you can request its removal.
- Professional Information: If you represent a business on Real Check Stubs, we may collect and display information about you related to your business activities, such as a business name that may incorporate your name, or a publicly available business address that is also used as a home address. We will also collect and display information about your professional background that you choose to share with us through the Service, such as information about your professional licenses or certifications, or your professional history or specialties.
- Public Information: Your contributions to the Service are intended for public consumption and are therefore viewable by the public, including your photos, ratings,searches, and the like, Real Check Stubs posts, and edits to business information. You can limit the public nature of some of these activities.
- Communications: Our communications with you, including phone calls, may be monitored and recorded for quality purposes.When you sign up for an account or use certain features, you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses, and Real Check Stubs. You can manage some of your messaging preferences in your account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative, transactional, or legal messages from Real Check Stubs. We may also track your actions in response to the messages you receive from us or through the Service, such as whether you deleted, opened, or forwarded such messages, and share that information with other parties to your messages. We reserve the right to refuse to deliver messages we deem inappropriate. If you send or receive messages through the Service via SMS text message, we may log phone numbers, phone carriers, and the date and time that the messages were processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive. We may also store information that you provide through communications to us, including from phone calls, letters, emails and other electronic messages, or in person. If you are a representative of a business listed on Real Check Stubs, or use a phone number associated now or previously with such a business, we may contact you, including by phone or email, using the contact information you provide us, make publicly available, or that we have on record for your business.
- Activity Data Collection: We store information about your use of the Service, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visits, businesses you call using our mobile applications, and reservations, purchases, or transactions you make through the Service. We also store information that your computer or mobile device may provide to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, WiFi information, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs and mobile applications. We may also receive and store your location whenever our mobile applications are running, including when running in the background, if you enable our mobile apps to access such information in the course of using the Service. You may be able to limit or disallow our use of certain location data through your device or browser settings, for example by adjusting the settings for our applications in iOS or Android privacy settings.
- Devices: You may access the Service through different devices (e.g., your mobile phone or personal computer) and different platforms (e.g., the Real Check Stubs website or Real Check Stubs mobile apps). The information that we collect and store through those different uses may be cross-referenced and combined, and your contributions through one Real Check Stubs platform will typically be similarly visible and accessible through all other Real Check Stubs platforms.
2. Personal Data Management
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account, if you include personal information in the content you make available to the public. Real Check Stubs users can also use the Find Friends feature to find one another based on their names or email addresses. We may access, review, and disclose any communications in connection with the Service.
3. Data Maintenance Upon Account Termination
4. Children Under 13
The Service is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us immediately.. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information of users and account holders. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee 100% security.
Furthermore, to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, Real Check Stubs uses Verasafe.
You may contact us concerning this Policy by writing to us at the following address:
Via Email at:
Via Our Contact Us page at:
For security purposes, we will take such steps as we deem necessary to confirm your identity before completing your request or sharing any personal data with you.
7. Updates to this Policy
8. Opt Out & Unsubscribe
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to op-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from Real Check Stubs by contacting us at the contact information provided herein, and provide email and/or phone number they wish to unsubscribe.
9. California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights regarding Real Check Stubs’s collection, use, and sharing of their personal information. Real Check Stubs does not sell your personal information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. Real Check Stubs collects various categories of personal information when you use the Service, including identifiers, commercial information, internet or other electronic network or device activity information, geolocation data, and professional information.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request to know what personal information has been collected about you, and to access that information. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information, though exceptions under the CCPA may allow Real Check Stubs to retain and use certain personal information notwithstanding your deletion request. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. An agent may submit a request on your behalf, but you must verify that your agent is authorized to do so.